Do you ever find yourself less energetic or less motivated when the weather starts to cool down and summer activities come to a close? You are not alone. The hustle and bustle of summer can zap the energy out of almost anyone. Some people thrive on the various activities happening when the weather is warm. How can you maintain the summer momentum, without being overwhelmed, into the fall?
Now that fall is here and winter is right around the corner, challenge yourself to embrace the many opportunities to find renewed energy. The 7 tips below can be done with minimal effort and maximum return. Pick one or two that will work for you! Have a wonderful fall!
Try one or more of these to boost and maintain energy:
- Sleep in a few times. Getting the right amount of sleep is crucial to having energy. If you’re not getting enough sleep at night or have problems sleeping, talk to your doctor as soon as you can. How you sleep and what you eat can directly affect your mood and health.
- Make a few new friends. Socialization is an important part of life. Being around people can definitely energize you. Try to make a few new friends this fall and you’ll see why having someone to talk to is so significant.
- Enjoy the cool and crisp fall air. Go for a walk, open a window or take a trip to the park. Enjoy being outside while you still can. Fall is a gorgeous time to get out and about. Walk around your retirement community and admire the falling leaves and the cool air.
- Get involved at your retirement community. Does your retirement community have an activity calendar? Pick it up and try a few new things this fall that you might not have considered previously. Being around new people and enjoying something fresh might be exactly what you need for restored energy.
- Join an exercise class. Exercise can certainly motivate and energize almost anyone! You never tried yoga or tai chi? This fall, get outside your comfort zone and try something new.
- Surround yourself with cuddly, warm animals. Have you been wanting to get a furry companion? As the weather gets colder a pet can be the perfect companion to keep you both warm all winter.
- Organize your life. There’s something about having an organized space that makes you feel great. Do you agree? Having everything where you need it to be can help energize you to do other things like socialize with friends or trying a new hobby. Get organized now for renewed energy later!
After a long summer, you might just need a few days to relax at home. There’s certainly nothing wrong with that. Take the down time you need and don’t overdue it. Do a few things at first and gradually try a few others. We hope you find the energy you are looking for!