With your grandchildren headed back to school and the month of August coming to a close, you might be feeling like this summer has snuck by without you being able to enjoy it. Don’t worry! There’s still time to appreciate the last days of summer.
This time of the year seems to go by faster than others. It might be because more people are energized by the warm sunlight, visitors are frequent or the activities more broad. Whatever the reason, don’t let saying goodbye to summer get you down. Take a few things from the list below and run with them. At least you’ll be able to say you took time to appreciate the end of summer. And don’t forget: A beautiful fall is right around the corner!
Here are 10 things you can do before summer comes to a close:
- Go for a walk outside and take the time to really enjoy nature. Take frequent breaks to appreciate the green trees, thick grass and summer sounds. Allow yourself the time to focus on the beauty of your surroundings.
- Participate in a few summer activities that you can’t do in the winter.
- Stock up on end of the season deals. Now is a great time to hit the end of summer sales at grocery and retail stores. Everything seems to be on clearance, except school supplies.
- Have an outdoor picnic or dine outside with a friend. You probably won’t be able to do that in a few months!
- Spend time with the grandkids -outside! Just because some of them are back to school, doesn’t mean you can’t plan a few things before it gets chilly out.
- Turn off all of your distractions and enjoy a good book or a puzzle at the park. Are you sensing a theme here? Enjoy the outdoors while you can!
- Set yourself up for success during the winter months. People often slow down during colder days. Join an exercise activity group with your community now, so you’re already in the habit when winter sneaks up on you.
- Do that thing you’ve been meaning to do the past few months but haven’t found the time for. After it’s done you will feel great about it.
- Drink a glass of lemonade, even plop a real lemon in there, and reminisce with an old friend about past summer fun you’ve experienced.
- Check out your community’s list of things you can get involved in this month that will continue for the months to come. Set yourself up for a fun and interactive autumn. Get involved and see how great it makes you feel.
Has your summer been a fun one? Sometimes it’s hard to say goodbye to summer. Let’s be honest though, fall and winter have their perks too. Many people say that fall is their favorite season because it’s cool enough to be outside and the sites are absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy the changing leaves this fall, of course, but end your summer with a few fun and memorable things before it’s over.